Loreto College Ballarat Board
Under the leadership of the Loreto Province, the Loreto College Council is now the Loreto College Board, a Company Ltd by Guarantee. The Loreto College Board is responsible for the College, and with all Loreto schools in Australia, now report to Loreto Ministries Ltd.
Loreto Ministries Ltd. has been established to provide sound governance and ongoing stability of the Province’s corporate ministries, by taking on the governance oversight of these entities in place of the Province Leader and council. Loreto Ministries Ltd. is a Not-For-Profit public company limited by guarantee and a charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission.
Working for the Board is the College Principal, Ms Michelle Brodrick.
Statement of Democratic Principles
Loreto Ballarat is committed to the principles of a liberal democracy.
- We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government.
- We respect and observe the rule of law and believe that no person is above the law.
- We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes.
- We believe not only in the freedom of religion, but also the need to practice tolerance and understanding of others' beliefs.
- We believe in the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association, but also acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom.
- We believe in the values of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the school community regardless of background.
Loreto College Board Members
Melanie Robertson (Board Chair), Laura Avery, Katrina Burke, Elizabeth Burns, Rebekah Foster, Nick Grylewicz, Matthew Jenkins, Nicole Loader, Michelle Brodrick (Principal), Christine Shaw (Deputy Principal), Brenton Riordan (Business Manager)
- Financial & Risk Management Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Engagement Committee
College Leadership Team
At Loreto College we recognise that many staff contribute to the achievement of significant strategic objectives for our students, within a framework of different levels of responsibility for decision making. We achieve far more with, and on behalf of, and for our students collectively than as individuals. Loreto College is very proud to have a dedicated and collegial association of teaching, administrative and support staff.
- Principal - Michelle Brodrick
- Deputy Principal - Christine Shaw
- Business Manager - Brenton Riordan
- Assistant Principal: Learning & Innovation - Adele Ryan
- Assistant Principal: Wellbeing - Gemma McDermott
- Assistant Principal: Faith & Mission - Felicity Knobel
- Director of Staff and Operations - Christina Sofis
- Human Resources Manager - Amanda Howes