Join the College that has been educating young women of influence for over 140 years. Parents/guardians are encouraged to submit an Application for Enrolment form for entry to the College for Year 7 – 12 from Grade 3.
Loreto College Prospectus
A digital version of the College Prospectus is available here:Loreto College Prospectus
Year 7 2020
Applications for enrolment for Year 7 2020 are now open and will close on Thursday 7 February, 2019.
Further information regarding the interview process will be available on our website closer to the date.
Experience Loreto College – Open Day
This is an opportunity for prospective families to visit the College in ‘action’. You will be taken on a guided tour of the College by current students who will show you the grounds and facilities and share their insight into being a student at Loreto College. Open Day tours commence from the Archives Centre by registration only. Enter via Gate B – Sturt St
Term 1, 2019 Open Morning Date:
- Tuesday 5 February, 2019 – 9.00am – 12.00noon
Loreto College offers small group tours on the first Thursday of every month during school terms. Please register online https://loreto.vic.edu.au/events-publications-media/loreto-event/. Personal tours can also be arranged by contacting the College Registrar – Ms Leonie Gudgeon (Tuesday – Thursday) on 53296184 or [email protected]
Monthly Tours and Open Days are for prospective families and students only – all other tour or information not related to prospective enrolments should be directed to the College Reception in the first instance Ph: 53296100 or the Marketing and Development Office Ph: 53296100
Book a monthly tour – BOOK HERE
Eileen Macintyre Music Scholarships offer scholarships for students commencing Year 7 in 2020.
Music Scholarship auditions for students entering Year 7, 2020 will be held from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on Monday 25 February 2019 (for auditions with backing tracks), Thursday 28 February (for auditions requiring piano accompaniment)
For further information please contact the College Registrar, Ms Leonie Gudgeon (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday) on 53296184 or [email protected]
Loreto College Ballarat values diversity and recognises that each applicant will bring unique gifts and talent which will enhance and enrich the school as a community. The factors listed below (not listed in a priority order) will inform the enrolment process:
- Level of involvement of the applicant and her family in their Catholic parish/faith community and commitment to Christian life and values
- Current enrolment at a Catholic parish primary school (within Ballarat and its immediate surrounds) if geographically possible.
- Family connection with Loreto College Ballarat (eg., sister of current/past student, mother, grandmother, current staff member)and/or our sister Loreto schools.
- Information pertaining to the applicant’s attitude to, and active involvement in, learning and school life as evidenced through her most recent school report or supporting documentation.
- Involvement of the applicant and her family in the broader community.
- Date on which the application was submitted with the application fee.
An offer of a place to an applicant is not dependent on all factors having been met.
Please refer to our Enrolment Policy (pdf download)
-> download an Application for Enrolment (pdf download)
For further enrolment information, please contact the College on (03) 5329 6100 or email [email protected] .
Additional Parent Handbooks from the Catholic Education Commission of Victoria:
- Faith in your Child’s Future: Parent Handbook for Victorian Catholic Primary Schools
- Embracing the Fullness of Life: Parent Handbook for Victorian Catholic Secondary Schools